ABOUT The Forum
The Austrian Cultural Forum Washington was created with the objective of serving as a focus of cultural exchange between Austrians/Europeans and Americans. It is an agency of the Austrian Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs and is integrated into the Austrian Embassy in Washington, D.C .
In particular, the Austrian Cultural Forum aims at
- Presenting contemporary, innovative artistic and scientific achievements in a broad range of discipline;
- Providing a platform for presentations of emerging artists who have their life and career centered in Austria;
- Creating interfaces and promoting interaction between Austrian/European and American cultural institutions and artists;
- Acting as a forum for dialogue and discourse on relevant issues in culture and politics;
- Promoting and highlighting cultural and scientific contributions from or about Austria.
The Austrian Cultural Forum organizes and supports a variety of cultural events (concerts, film screenings, exhibitions, theatre, lectures, panel discussions, symposia), most of which take place in the Atrium of the Austrian Embassy. Most events at the Embassy are open to the public and free of charge.
Zeitgeist DC makes the richness of German-language literature accessible to English speakers by presenting an overview and informing about current trends in the literary scenes of Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein and Switzerland.
> Zeitgeist DC
EU Open House Day
Join the European Union Embassies and the EU Delegation for a day of family fun, food, dancing, kids entertainment, exhibitions, vacation planning, and more.
Internships at the Austrian Cultural Forum Washington are paid and for the duration of 2-3 months. During the summer months of July and August, there are only a few spots available.