The Embassy Adoption Program's EU Celebration
As part of the European Month of Culture, there will be a special public performance by 100 Embassy Adoption Program (EAP) students whose schools are matched with EU MS embassies.
The event will take place at the Austrian Embassy at 3:00 p.m. Saturday, May 31, and is a collaborative initiative of the Delegation, Washington Performing Arts Society, and DC Public Schools, with the support of the Austrian Embassy. Two professional teaching artist ensembles—an opera singer and tango dancers—will also perform.
Featured Embassies and Schools:
- Embassy of Austria: Eliot-Hine Middle School
- Embassy of France: Capitol Hill Montessori EC
- Embassy of Germany: Beers Elementary School
- Embassy of the Netherlands: Garfield Elementary School
- Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia: Janney Elementary School
The EAP is an award-winning multicultural enrichment program designed for fifth and sixth grade students in the District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS). Using the unique resources of embassies in Washington, DC, the program provides students with the opportunity to increase their knowledge and appreciation of the culture, government, arts, and geography of other nations.