Transit: Creative placemaking in Baltimore
As a partner in this event we want to throw attention to the project “Transit: Creative placemaking in Baltimore”.
In creative placemaking, partners from public, private, non-profit, and community sectors strategically shape the physical and social character of a neighborhood, town, city, or region around arts and cultural activities. Creative placemaking animates public and private spaces, rejuvenates structures and streetscapes, improves local business viability and public safety, and brings diverse people together to celebrate, inspire, and be inspired.
Creative Placemaking fosters economic development by:
- Recirculating residents’ incomes locally at a higher rate,
- Re-use of vacant and underutilized land, buildings, and infrastructure,
- Creating jobs in construction, local businesses, and cultural activity,
- Expanding entrepreneurial ranks of artists and designers,
- Training the next generation of cultural workers,
- Attracting and retaining non-arts-related businesses and skills.
The project “Transit: Creative placemaking in Baltimore” is a cooperation project between the following institutions: Baltimore Office of Promotion & The Arts (BOPA), European Union National Cultural Institutes (EUNIC) and EUNIC Washington D.C.
For all information about this project please visit www.europeinbaltimore.org