The ACF Washington offers paid, full time internships for a period of 9 weeks. The main tasks of our interns are to support our team in the field of public relations and project management. An interest in, and ideally a knowledge of, social media and press affairs would be an advantage. Applicants with a background in humanities, art and culture are preferred.
Please note that the application deadline for the internship for the period of January to June 2019 is COB September 30, 2018.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
The ACF Washington internship involves
- assisting with social media activities (Facebook, Instergram & Twitter), updating the website and dispatching the monthly newsletter
- researching event topics and statistics
- assist in organizing and preparing cultural events
- working at evening events including concerts, film screenings, talks and literature events
- supporting administrative duties
- responding to general enquiries
- liaising with the public
Working hours are 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday and evening events. The nature of the work depends on our program at the time of arrival.
Requirements to meet the criteria of an intern
- Austrian citizenship
- active enrollment at an accredited university or recent completion of studies
- excellent command of German and English
- valid national insurance (accident insurance will be concluded by the employer)
- computer skills: Word, Excel, Power Point, Social Media (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter)
- proven knowledge or interest in the arts
Interns need to cover the costs for accommodation, transportation and a valid health insurance in the United States (the Austrian student insurance meets these conditions). There is no possibility towards gainful employment after the expiration of the internship.
If you would like to apply for a placement, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a current CV and a cover letter in both German and English stating your interests and the timeframe you apply for. Due to the large number of applications, we recommend filing with us in a timely fashion. Please do not submit reference letters or any certificates in addition to the documents requested above.
For further information please visit the website of the Federal Ministry for Europe, Integration and Foreign Affairs.