DUO Drechsler & Tiefenbacher
The Austrian Cultural Forum Washington proudly presents the Duo Ulrich Drechsler & Martin Tiefenbacher with the Album 'Beyond Words' at the Embassy of Austria.
This Album – where the power of words terminates, there Begins the world of music – no frontiers, unambiguous. The possibility to reach people in an authentic and direct way and to touch them emotionally is an integral part of Ulrich Drechsler’s music. Intimacy, energy, passion and love – that’s what is most important to Drechsler and totally fulfils what he demands from music. And with the intimate instrumentation consisting of bass clarinet, piano and drums, he is capable of expressing it all.
On 'Beyond Words' Drechsler’s compositions reach completely new dimensions and significance. This is the outcome of working together with a new generation of musicians with a fresh and ingenuous approach to music. The Austrian piano player Michael Tiefenbacher combines tremendous musicality with brilliant technique and sensitivity to the case.
“Music has the power to express all which words cannot describe. Music can mirror all the being entirely – the heart, the soul and the spirit of a person. All the more she should be as candid as possible.” (Ulrich Drechsler)
About Ulrich Drechsler
- born and raised close to Stuttgart
- studied in Austria where he also lives today
- established himself as one of the most ambigous and unpredictable musicians in Europe
- stormed the international Jazz and clubcharts
- 'Cafe Drechsler' was awarded the Austrian Amadeus Music Award in 2005
- 2010 the renowned german label Enja released 'Concinnity', the debut album of Drechsler’s highly praised Cello quartet followed in 2012 by the beautiful trio album ‚Beyond Words’.
About Michael Tiefenbacher
- born in Zams (Tirol)
- studied jazz piano at 'Landeskonservatorium Tirol' and at 'Gustav-Mahler-Konservatorium'
- Masterclasses - Lector: Jacky Terrasson, Rob McConnel, Bobby McFerrin, Lee Harper
- since 2009 associate professor at 'Vienna Music Institute'
- Showacts with Ulrich Drechsler, Sebastian Gille, Billy Cobham, Lorenz Raab, ...
- Composition, production, arrangement and recording of the theme music to the French Film 'De Toi A Moi' by Daniela Marxer
When: Wednesday, December 11, 2013 | 7:30 pm
Where: Embassy of Austria | 3524 International Court NW | Washington DC, 20008
Tickets: Admission is free. RSVP is required due to limited space. Please register online at http://drechslertiefenbacher.eventbrite.com
Please note that seating is limited and on a first come, first served Basis.
Further concerts ...
When: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 | 8:00 pm and 10:00 pm
Where: Twins Jazz| 1344 U Street, Top Floor NW | Washington, DC 20009
For more information please contact www.twinsjazz.com
When: Thursday, December 12, 2013 | 6:00 pm
Where: John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts | 2700 F Street NW | Washington, DC 20566
For more information please contact www.kennedy-center.org