The Austrian Cultural Forum Washington DC (ACFDC), as part of the Embassy of Austria, is seeking to appoint a Cultural Officer as of September 1, 2016. This is a full-time staff position.
The Cultural Officer assists the Director and is responsible for organization and management of cultural events, public relations and other administrative tasks. Duties are highly confidential and require discretion, judgment, tact, and poise.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- organization and management of cultural events
- communication with artists, writers, lecturers, artists' agencies and relevant authorities
- supporting artists during their stay in Washington DC
- coordination and management of artist`s travel,hotel accommodations
- public relations of the ACFDC
- update website www.acfdc.org, production of monthly newsletter, management of contact data base and periodic review of the database (updates on concert organizers, press contacts, universities, galleries, film institutes, etc.)
- Social Media outreach (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr)
- answering cultural related inquiries
- drafting internal reports and contribute to annual reporting requirements
- interfacing and coordination with other departments (i.e. the Austrian Press-and Information Service)as well as staff members regarding programming, reporting, communications, outreach and promotional activities
- attendance at and opening of cultural events in the absence of the Director of the Cultural Forum (including openings)
- Bachelor’s degree (history of art desired) and two years of directly related work experience (event maagement or arts), OR high school diploma and four years of work experience in a comparable role, OR any similar combination of education and experience
- Experience in event coordination and event management
- Excellent communication skills -both oral and written – in German and English.
- Strong management, organizational, and diplomatic skills
- Ability to juggle multiple requests and tasks in an intensive work environment
- Ability and readiness to work in a small team & long hours including evening events
Work permit for the United States is required for all non-Austrian citizens.
Salary: USD 3,300.00 gross per month.
Please e-mail your cv and an application letter to email@example.com. Applications must be received by June 24, 2016. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
A Project by Lisa Kortschak
An empty abandoned hall. Daylight and street noises penetrate the space through the porous walls. Only the dilapidated, however, still impressively splendid ceiling refers to the history of the location, which once was considered as Detroit’s most famous concert hall. Now eight cars enter the hall successively and park. As soon as all vehicles come to a stand, silence occurs before the concert starts. The Michigan Theatre - formerly known as Detroit’s most spectacular theatre for concert and film - today is only used as a parking garage. Built in the course of the car-industry’s impetus, then hit and finally shut down by the industry’s economic turbulence the ‘Michigan’ today gets regular visits by one clientele only- namely by cars.
Austrian Culture worldwide (ger)
World War I Centenary
Event Newsletter sign-up